It's been one hell of a week.
Firstly Robin Williams passed away on Monday, he took his own life.
The poor guy must have been far over the edge, I hope now he is at peace, he gave the world laughter and the world loved him, what was really sweet was that he had formed a bind with a gorilla called koko, when her keeper told her that Robin had died she started crying. He touched the hearts of millions and the world will be a bit darker now that Robin is no longer in it.
Anyway, that brings me onto mental health issues such as anxiety, depression etc and where it may lead. Obviously these opinions are my own, feel free to ignore me.
Since his death on Monday, mental health awareness seems to have rocketed.
It is time that the spotlight goes to mental health.
I'll tell you a bit more about me - (my family may murder me, as I never told them what I was going through, all I can say is sorry.)
From the age of 11, i began sticking my fingers down my throat, I thought I was fat, I gave in each time, hoping it would be the last time. Six years later I was at the very rock bottom, I still stuck my fingers down my throat, I also decided that self harm would be a good release, though now you can't see the scars, I don't think I cut myself too deep. It was a dark place but I didn't know I was there. I bring you to new years eve 1999, I'd had enough and found bleach under the sink, I began drinking it, my cat Marmalade was staring at Mr, he jumped onto my lap and gently started head butting me and purring, I gave up and decided to see what the new year brought, the new year brought me more than I could wish for, he helped stop me still king my fingers down my throat, even today that is at the back of my mind, I fight it every time and I'm still winning.
Mental health is no joke, - depression is like having a noose around your neck, waiting for the executioner to pull the lever, sad thing is you are both the executioner and hangman, be kind be loving, it may save someone's life.
Some people walk around like they're the only people on the planet, ignorant to what goes on around them.
If you know someone who is suffering with a mental illness, just be there for them, you'll never know how much you helped them but you weathered the storm with them.
For you ignorant stupid people, I sincerely hope it never happens to you, there's a small part of me that says otherwise, only then would you begin to understand.
For you that maybe suffering in silence, please don't, it nearly killed me, talk to someone, like the Samaritans, they will try and help, don't be afraid of what people may think, darkness never lasts forever.
I'm now signing off, thankyou for reading
Huge hugs and gentle wishes xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment