Ooooops, it seems it has been a while since I last posted a personal blog!
I do hope all is well with you all?
Right onto the subject -
As always in life you always seem to get a twit that loves to put you down, whether it be for a simple reason like they're jealous or they love to ruin your life.
This subject feels and is personal to me, I love writing, it feels like my life and the one true calling I feel is the path to go down, how I get there is upto me.
It doesn't have to be writing that's your gift, you may love sewing, cooking or storytelling or a multitude of different skills we may aquire during our lifetime.
Someone I once knew told me poetry and writing in general would get me no-where because you have to be super brilliant, lucky and above all - TALENTED. And that I should put away stupid ideas and get realistic. Hmmmmm!!!
All I have ever wanted to do is reach out to people, make them laugh with silly stories and try and make some sort of difference to the world, no matter how small.
At one stage I completely gave up writing altogether, it felt like a curse, a burden and a waste of what little time I had.
Looking back on that time, (obviously with insight you can reflect) it seems I felt 'lost'. I'm not sure if that is the right word, but it seems to fit. I was lost and thought my writing was my downfall, not (perhaps) a salvation. It helped me through some very tough times, it helped release feelings that were brewing within and to try make sense of myself and the world around me.
Now I am so much older (and feel more clued up lol) these experiences have made me that much better and my 'skill' (if thats what you wanna call it? There are so many words I could use) has or seems to have evolved with me.
All this was brought on by listening to 'Hall of fame' by The Script feat. Will.i.am, it made me reflect on everything and I tihnk it has made me that bit more determined to try my best to reach high and get to where I wanna be, no matter how hard the task or the time it takes, I will reach it someday.
Sometimes the biggest critic and enemy is actually yourself, but outside influences also help to add to the protests and angst you already have.
Over time I've learnt to filter all of them out and rather than listen to my head I listen to my heart, with this topic anyway.
So the lesson? Learn to live life as it comes, be prepared to work hard to achieve what you want, but most of all - NEVER GIVE UP. It would be a terrible loss, not only to the world, but also to yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment